make install watcher

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 9 18:42:56 PST 2001

On January  9, 2001 09:04 pm, Ron885 the l33t linux d00d wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 January 2001  6:56 pm, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> > On January  9, 2001 09:36 am, Bryan Dumm wrote:
> > > Howdy,
>
> <big snip..>
>
> Installwatch and this other thing, FileTrace(http://software.senko.net/)
> which is a clone... can do what the find thing does w/o taking the time
> that find takes... I timed the find thing and it took 3 minutes total...
> That might not seem like alot, but it still is long when totaled up...

Granted. I still prefer it until installwatch does something about their
output file. I just can't work with it, also they never provided a script to
parse their output file so you can use it to uninstall. They expect us to
write out own script, or use their rpm conversion script and then use rpm to
uninstall or something.

Both were unacceptable to me.

And yes i am talking about it's status a few months ago, perhaps all that has
changed now. Can you tell some more about it's current status Ron?

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org