bdumm waves a flag was(Re: make install watcher)

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Tue Jan 9 15:08:39 PST 2001

> On Tuesday 09 January 2001  7:49 pm, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> > > With that um... installchecker or whatevertf it's called... it's
> > > supposed to make a slackware uninstall log... Isn't that plaintext?
> >
> > You tell me? I don't use Slackware. I'm an LFS kinda guy :) And before
> > LFS I had Debian, so I just have never seen Slackware so I know nothing
> > about it.
>
> That's the only thing... I didn't pay much attention when I used
> slackware... and i used it for a short time... i'll see really quick right
> now what it looks like by using this thing...

Ummm hello

back to the discussion here which was useful package management
things for alfs....

neither of the two ideas (jesse's find or installchecker) are going to
work with alfs directly.... We are going to have to hack them, but
that is my question I guess. Comparing find vs install which one produces
the best info that we can capture, etc.?

find has lots of useful info it seems and is easy to have uninstall
find takes a while though

installchecker is useful ???
installchecker has crappy output and wierd uninstall things

more???

Bryan