gzip bug

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sun Jan 7 16:10:49 PST 2001

On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 05:59:30PM +0000, Bryan Dumm wrote:
> What is wrong here is both gzip and gunzip do not have
> the right permissions in $LFS/bin. I tried adding two
> <system_command> chmod, elements to change the
> permissions, but people are still running into these
> errors???????

Just a typo -- you used dir="&LFS;/usr/bin" instead of dir="&LFS;/bin".

copy() seems to make problems. We should look into that.

For now, I used <move> instead of <copy>/<system_command>/<remove> in the
profile. It seems that move() keeps permissions.

BTW Gerard, in the book you are also using:

     cp $LFS/usr/bin/gunzip $LFS/usr/bin/gzip $LFS/bin &&
     rm $LFS/usr/bin/gunzip $LFS/usr/bin/gzip

Is there a reason for that, or if not, is it fixed ?

Neven