Still got that bug

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sun Jan 7 13:10:21 PST 2001

On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 03:10:31PM -0500, Simon Perreault wrote:
> I still have that bug:
> checking LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable... contains current directory
> configure: error:
> *** LD_LIBRARY_PATH shouldn't contain the current directory when
> *** building glibc. Please change the environment variable
> *** and run configure again.

Have you tried compiling manually?
I mean, I'm not sure that this has to do anything with the backend.

Maybe this can help:

<quote from="glibc-2.1.3/configure">

# Test if LD_LIBRARY_PATH contains the notation for the current directory
# since this would lead to problems installing/building glibc.
# LD_LIBRARY_PATH contains the current directory if one of the following
# is true:
# - one of the terminals (":" and ";") is the first or last sign
# - two terminals occur directly after each other
# - the path contains an element with a dot in it

</quote>

Of course, all this raises another thing.
We have to be able to correct any errors without exiting. Like temporarily
exiting to shell or something like that.

Neven