more updates

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Sat Jan 6 23:45:37 PST 2001

Howdy,

Well I have built now twice from scratch

chap4
chap5
chap6

I just now remembered that I didn't do the chroot
tests of exiting chroot, and then re-entering chroot,
but it should work anyways. If all of chap6 is chroot
then everything works minus I haven't tested those
non chroot parts, ala bash.

Please see if you can get it to do the same. You might
notice that in chap 6 I have a new packages_dir called
just /lfs-sources. I figured that I could not test/destroy
and keep lfs-sources under $LFS/usr/src/lfs-sources as
that gets wiped. $LFS/lfs-sources seemed like the better
choice.

Maybe I have been staring at the screen too long, but
I don't recall any errors. If there is anything you will find
it in the chap profiles with comments at the problem area.

<!--
This is what a xml comment is like
-->

You will find everything in CVS, also I started a Credits, License
file that needs fleshed out.

I am sure there are errors, and I noticed the 2.4.2->2.4.3 differences.

Gerard how about maybe let's just push the profile to 2.4.4 and
start there as the definitive version?????

Bryan