chroot

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Fri Jan 5 14:38:06 PST 2001

Howdy,

> If File::Copy is the only module that makes problems, maybe it's better to
> just not use copy(). We can create our own subroutine (how hard could it
> be?). And I don't think that adding packages just for this backend to work
> is a very good practice.

Sure, I just like modules.... :) But the basic problems is why I suggested
it, and some wrapper, manipulation of when our base modules are executed,
might work as well, less work.

If your chroot, fork routine works out fine, haven't tested it, then maybe we
should keep the extra module(s) and write the proper wrapper/manipulation?

Bryan