chroot

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Jan 5 08:42:49 PST 2001

Yo,

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 10:56:01AM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> That I agree with. But as other backends are developed, more software
> may be needed to run those backends (python is one that comes to mind).
> Then again, if a backend requires extra software, we can also say it's
> not suitable to be a backend.

Adding software is _not_ an option, IMHO... i could care less what the
back-end's get coded in, but i don't want to see us getting to the point
of installing extra software, if the language doesn't have a way of
using chroot nor can it use a wrapper then it should not be used. (IMHO)

Just to clarify, installing extra software on the host system todo ALFS
i can understand (i hate that still, but for cdrom installations i could
care less) but installing software in your build (on your new LFS
system, inside chroot, etc) i would prefer if we sterred clear at all
costs.

Dunno, i didn't think chroot would cause so much trouble... :)

-