bummer

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 3 12:16:48 PST 2001

On January  3, 2001 04:13 am, Bryan Dumm wrote:
> I don't have perl installed yet in chroot. *g*
>
> If anyone has any suggestions please toss them my way...

>From LFS-1.3, installing a static perl:

===

Installing Perl

     Unpack the Perl archive
     Configure the package by running Configure

You can stick to all the defaults, except to the following:

When asked What is the file extension used for shared libraries? [so]

Answer with: none

When asked Any additional ld flags (NOT including libraries)?
[-L/usr/local/lib]

Answer with: -L/usr/local/lib -static

When asked Do you wish to use dynamic loading? [y]

Answer with: n

     Compile the package by running make
     Copy the perl binary to $LFS/usr/bin

===

The only thing is that somehow extra modules have to be added to perl,
somehow.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org