newalfs modified

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Wed Jan 3 09:56:45 PST 2001

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 10:35:44AM +0000, Bryan Dumm wrote:
> add suggestions.... Your tag_ idea is nice btw... I don't know how
> we are going to combine those, as I made a difference between just
> normal tags and package subtags, and passed %package_info to the
> package subroutines....

I don't think we should make a difference between those.
We should allow using <package> subtags outside of <package> too.
And I really think we should pass only elt to the tag handlers.
Every other info (including %package_info) can be extracted from there
_if needed_.

> The search_replace works fine now and works with the same file without
> a temporary file.... :)

Great. Much better. :)

> I'll keep checking on your mods, and let me know what you think with
> what I did, what we can change, etc.....

Just a few notes for now:

o	$dir = "$dir\/$name-$version";

	This won't work for every package. "$dir" can only be found out by
	inspecting the archive or by specifying it in the profile.
	I think that's the only way to be sure it's correct.

o	%newatts

	It's not really needed. There is no need for going through the
	attributes twice. Something like :

	        foreach (keys %$atts) {
	                $command .= " " . $$atts{$_} if (/^param/);
	        }

	can be used instead.

o	$archive =~ s/\Q.gz\E//;
	$archive =~ /.tar.gz$/

	We should probably use:

		$archive =~ s/\.gz//;
	and
		$archive =~ /\.tar\.gz$/

These are just a few things from the "diff" output.
Rest is in the code I sent. :)

BTW, with <config>/<make>/<make_install>/<patch> it looks much better. :)

Neven