newalfs modified

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Wed Jan 3 02:35:44 PST 2001

> > > I've done a lot of stuff to that code that you send.
> > I'm doing some more small changes and will send it very soon.
> >
> > I don't know if you read that comments in the code I already send you,
> > but I implemented a lot of that stuff.
>
> Since you did some changes too which I didn't see yet, you can use these
> modifications only as my suggestions.
> Chapters 4 and the first part of 5 are included.
>
> Neven

Just a quick run through, and I saw things we can add, things I didn't
do etc. Not sure on a couple yet, but give me a little time and I will
add suggestions.... Your tag_ idea is nice btw... I don't know how
we are going to combine those, as I made a difference between just
normal tags and package subtags, and passed %package_info to the
package subroutines....

The search_replace works fine now and works with the same file without
a temporary file.... :)

I'll keep checking on your mods, and let me know what you think with
what I did, what we can change, etc.....

I'll hold off on changing/testing chap6 till we get these issues and the
chroot deal worked out....

Bryan