bummer

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Wed Jan 3 01:13:23 PST 2001

I don't have perl installed yet in chroot. *g*

If anyone has any suggestions please toss them my way...

I'll be working on chap6 of the profile, but I will be making
some chroot tag/ideas here soon I guess..........

>From the perl chroot command I can chroot "filename" or

chroot &LFS;

but we won't be able to use the /root/.bash_profile like in the book
I believe.... So then should we set each package's <config> to have
a thing like

<config pre="CFLAGS=&cflags; CXXFLAGS=&cflags;  >

with a new Entity like

<!ENTITY cflags "-O3 -march=i686">

Then the only other thing left would be to move the packages_dir sources
over before the chroot. The docs say once a chroot is done, it can't go
backwards, so I am assuming that once the perl process changes each new
process is under that same previous chroot.... Anyways, enough mumbling...

Bryan