by golly part2

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Tue Jan 2 18:06:56 PST 2001

> Look in "search_replace_" subroutine in the code that I sent.
> I used something like:
>
> 	s/\Q$find\E/$replace/g;
>
> which worked for me.

I'll have to try that out then. I was reading up on Q and E, do you
think we would have any problems using Q&E? It didn't look like
it but the explanations I read were long for Q&E, looking for other
details, opinions...

> Yes, I noticed that too. IIRC, with XML::Parser alone I didn't have any
> problems. So it's probably something with Twig (a bug?). I didn't find
> anything in the docs.
> For now, we can translate whose few "special chars" ourselves in the
> backend.

Yea I am still looking, and if you can verify the XML::Parser info being
right, maybe we have found a bug(?). Would seem to be a silly one
though.....

> We should definitely have a tag for chroot. Maybe even in the form of:
> <chroot>
> 	Things done in chroot.
> </chroot>
>
> I'm just not sure yet how to implement it in backend because for exiting
> from chroot we would have to do some forking?

Yes agreed we need a tag. As for implementation, I dunno yet either.
Here is some fodder from the camel book on chroot...

3.2.17 chroot

chroot FILENAME

This function does the same operation as the chroot system call - see
chroot(2). If successful, FILENAME becomes the new root directory for the
current process - the starting point for pathnames beginning with "/". This
directory is inherited across exec calls and by all subprocesses. There is no
way to undo a chroot. Only the superuser can use this function.

Bryan Dumm
who is Sore Loserman, I want him for president :)