by golly part2

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Tue Jan 2 14:20:34 PST 2001

On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 02:09:53PM +0000, Bryan Dumm wrote:
> The only two problems I have ran into

> Search_replace works, cept for things like below, reason why need proper
> escaping
> of the $ () etc. as to not confuse regexs.... How dunno yet, but you can setup
> <search_replace dir="&LFS;&builddir;" find="test"
> replace="tester">Makefile</search_replace>
> and add test to any blank line, run the script again with this new code to
> see it work.

Look in "search_replace_" subroutine in the code that I sent.
I used something like:

	s/\Q$find\E/$replace/g;

which worked for me.

> 		<configure>
> 			<system_command dir="&LFS;&builddir;/linux">yes "" | make
> config</system_command>
> 		</configure>
>

> This is broke.... " is not translating " turns it back to "

Yes, I noticed that too. IIRC, with XML::Parser alone I didn't have any
problems. So it's probably something with Twig (a bug?). I didn't find anything
in the docs.
For now, we can translate whose few "special chars" ourselves in the backend.

> Hoping chroot is the only kludge left. I am going back through to
> retest up through glibc again, but I thinks it is done.......

We should definitely have a tag for chroot. Maybe even in the form of:
<chroot>
	Things done in chroot.
</chroot>

I'm just not sure yet how to implement it in backend because for exiting from
chroot we would have to do some forking?

Neven