Relationship between the profiles

Robin Matthews robin at kanga.homechoice.co.uk
Mon Feb 26 12:46:50 PST 2001

Thanks for the Backend-Hint Jason, I can know throw away my poor bash
script attempt at an ALFS!

Unfortunately, I do not have much knowledge of perl and XML and am
finding it difficult to understand what alfs_app does and how it
interacts with the XML files.  Your hint says to edit the chapter files,
but what role does the profile.xml file play?  It seems to have the same
tags that you suggest need to be changed in the chap* files.

I would like to use the profile Nicholas Dille posted but don't know
how.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated, whilst I try to get up to
speed with perl.

Robin

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org