alfs ftp

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 14 19:30:16 PST 2001

> oh wait the package versions are wrong
> the .tar.bz2 is a .tar.gz

all 2.4.4 book are bz2

> Current LFS book would be 2.4.4 right. So the ALFS
> should be the same? I thought it was but maybe Gerard
> put CVS 3.0 packages in the ftp? I dunno, just know it's
> not in synch, I have no useful reference and was just trying
> to fix that.

Yes Gerard puts LFS-3.0-CVS files in the FTP archive but in their own
directory packages.linuxfromscratch.org/new-in-cvs

the other dirs are strictly 2.4.4

> Just give me that url I can point to that will always work with
> the CVS profiles and I will be happy. :)

packages.linuxfromscratch.org/alfs/

it will contain whatever is in the current book (not cvs book). now all we
need to do is fix up the profiles to use bz2 extensions and proper versions
(i believe the profles may stil be partly 2.4.2/2.4.3)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-profile-request at linuxfromscratch.org