alfs ftp

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Wed Feb 14 14:18:17 PST 2001

> > Any takers on making sure the ftp site/cvs profiles
> > stay in synch?
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to keep the ALFS ftp space in sync with the latest
> book as well? Really all that's in packages.linuxfromscratch.org/alfs/ is
> just a copy what's in
> packages.linuxfromscratch.org/common-packages|intel-packages|ppc-packages
> as well. Unless you want to make changes to the profiles that cause ALFS
> not be in sync with the current LFS book?

All I am saying is

I sit on #alfs and I hear consistantly

error
oh wait the package versions are wrong
the .tar.bz2 is a .tar.gz
etc.

I get tired of answering the same thing, and no longer have a
proper reference to point anyone to as

packages.linuxfromscratch.org

changed

and so did the CVS profiles.

Current LFS book would be 2.4.4 right. So the ALFS
should be the same? I thought it was but maybe Gerard
put CVS 3.0 packages in the ftp? I dunno, just know it's
not in synch, I have no useful reference and was just trying
to fix that.

How it's done, whom does it, matters none to me :)

Just give me that url I can point to that will always work with
the CVS profiles and I will be happy. :)

Bryan

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-profile-request at linuxfromscratch.org