tag handlers as XML

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Sat Feb 17 05:36:41 PST 2001

> If he's working on that, it means it's going to be changed and it's not
> going to stay. That's my definition of temporary.

And if we kill off XML handlers as an option in ALFS then we loose
some good functionality. Even if some of the implementation of an
XML object is crummy cause of things like <>"'etc....

That functionality is the ability to import an XML object. This
is real useful, especially if you consider that your alfs_app may
want to load handlers that are not local, maybe not in perl, or
other such things.

I'll fight to keep this functionality in ALFS. You can use the normal
autoloader methods and never make a handler that uses XML. But
don't deny the rest of us who want such a feature. "it's not
going to stay".

Bryan