tag handlers as XML

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Sat Feb 17 04:54:56 PST 2001

On Saturday 17 February 2001 17:37, you wrote:

> > > That works of course, but only as a temporary solution IMHO.
> >
> > temporary? that's the xml spec.
> > the code is in xml hence it's xml...
>
> Please re-read my original message. The code is _not_ XML. It's Perl.
> But we treat it as XML. And _that_ is bad.

No it was treated as XML to show that a handler could be loaded
as a XML object. As mentioned we still have both but

how is _this_ "bad"?

And it is too XML, might look like Perl code, but it's XML until it is
loaded by ALFS.pm, which does that "XML translation <" and then
the code is "loaded".

How is _this_ "bad"?