new element

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Thu Feb 15 06:10:36 PST 2001

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 07:59:50AM +0000, Bryan Dumm wrote:
> > Would it do _all_ that MAKEDEV does now, or just single mknod ?
>
> well I had only thought about single mknod, but what
> else does it do, should we include?

I don't know, full blown MAKEDEV with "generic", "audio" etc. attributes
is probably too much. But it's an idea anyway and could be added at the bottom,
I repeat -- _at the bottom_ of the wishlist. :)

> another one along these lines is kernel_config. In the end
> that's just a text document, and it would be nice to have
> multiple kernel frontends wouldn't it?

Hm, this is interesting, I like it. Suppling a default kernel configuration
which would work on the wide range of machines is also a nice thing ?

Neven