root on ports

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Thu Feb 15 04:35:04 PST 2001

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 11:15:47PM +0000, Bryan Dumm wrote:
> maybe then just
>
> <password>
> and
> <user>
>
> are needed. ALFS.pm can by default, retry the command as root
> if a <password> is supplied with the profile? It will only try as other
> <user> if that is supplied?

I'm not sure if it good idea to try something as root only because we couldn't
do it as regular user. That could be a problem no matter we supplied a password
and have all that lovely superuser privileges.
We should really limit this with some of those tags, like you said, or maybe
attributes? Like: <make_install user="root"> which was already mentioned once?

Neven