linux package

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 14 17:30:37 PST 2001

> Is the profile absolute, meaning that when you fire up alfs it will do
> exactly what the profile says, so that you cannot modify anything without
> modifying the profile? I think it's pretty clear that the <!ENTITY>
> thingies can be modified by the user, but what about everything else?

The profile can be absolute if you tell the front-end "run this profile as-is
and don't bother me with any questions. I am going to the pub to get wasted
and when I return in a few hours I want this box rebooted into LFS and fully
operational so i can use it after i get rid of the hang over". Or go to the
library instead. Whichever ;)

But one can also tell the front-end to have the user confirm every single
step of the profile. Or only have it ask the user confirmation about certain
issues (like directories in --prefix).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org