root on ports

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Wed Feb 14 09:53:14 PST 2001

> and if alfs ran as say user nobody then how
> would elements like <make_install> work?

*flake tosses two cents in the bucket*

A quick kludge could be an <!ENTITY su "passwd">  there's got to be a more
secure way tho.  When there's a front end I think it would be good to prompt
for things like that right at the beginning.  Indeed, along the lines of
"forking building all over the network" you could (should) end up with
different su passwd's for each different machine, so it would need a list of
the different ones mapped to the respective IP or hostname or whatever.

~jason

--
| Jason at tommyk.com |