ALFS.pm drawbacks

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Mon Feb 12 10:03:05 PST 2001

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 03:40:08PM +0100, David Siegel wrote:
> I thought so, too. But I had problems when something goes wrong during
> chroot(). croak() hasn't been used before. That's why Carp::Heavy hasn't been loaded
> until this point. But it in chroot() the implicit import fails. I think importing
> croak() and perhaps some functions needed by croak() explicit should do it. Perhaps
> you can try:
>
> use Carp ( croak, ... );
>
> if you have around perl 5.00503

I tried using croak() in chroot at various places, just for testing,
but didn't have any problems.

"use Carp qw(croak);" works, but makes no difference here. "croak" is exported
by default, so I don't see why "use Carp" wouldn't be enough.

What are those problems you had? Can you reproduce them? If yes, how?
If no, we should just remove that "use Carp::Heavy" and wait for somebody
to start screaming.

Neven