alfs 1.4 and perl 5.005_03

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Feb 9 08:45:30 PST 2001

Yo,

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 11:11:25AM +0000, Bryan Dumm wrote:
> Umm /me points to cvs having timedate stamps to check for development
> changes that might be out of "synch" and suggests testing before doing
> two days of work on anything :)

Yes, i know, i never learn that thou...

(as for the timedate stamps, yes i know perfectly well about them, i
just don't see the point if making profiles if i can't use the latest
CVS code)

> Maybe the syntax document is off?

It is.

> Maybe you need to sleep more? :)

I do..excuse me if i'm not in the best mood ;)

> ? This has nothing to do with ALFS.pm

Yes it does, i'm not talking about the profiles in CVS.

I'm talking about creating my _own_ profiles using the syntax as a
guideline, now as far as i knew, the docs were up-to-date with the
backend, but whatever.. (besides, it was fun seeing all the cool things
you guys did to the syntax ;)

As for the issues, i'll complete that email i never got the chances to
send (that is..whenever i can find the damn thing...here little file,
here little file..where are you)

PS, most of it has todo with dumb syntax stuff, so most users aren't
going to be interested, unless they are hacking there own profiles like
myself ;-)

> Do this one, Apache with dynamic modules and say openssl, modperl, modphp
> and suexec ;)

Hey, you challenged me, i don't take that lightly... besides, quasar is
coming up to 200 days (another 12 days or so) and i need to redo her, i
will have apache w/ MM, mod_perl, mod_ssl and PHP..dunno about suexec
thou (and it is on the TODO list)

-