alfs 1.4 and perl 5.005_03

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Feb 9 07:52:45 PST 2001

Yo,

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 04:13:41PM +0100, Neven Has wrote:
> There are a lot of "simple" and "not so simple" errors and typos which is what
> bothers me -- it seems that it hasn't been tested _not once_. Also, it looks
> like it hasn't been merged with _latest_ code that was in CVS before ?

I wasn't very impressed when i spend two days writting my own custom
profiles using the "updated" syntax as a base then running it and
finding out i wasted my time, and for the last two days i've been
rewriting them, and i'm almost done.

I know David and Bryan are all hyped about the latest changes, but when
the syntax doesn't match...i wasn't in a good mood to say the least,
anyways i'm going to be on IRC talking to David and try and get some of
the "quirks" worked out with him.

PS, it does actually work, as long as you use _the exact_ same syntax
style as in the profiles now in CVS.

PPS, when i say 'my profiles' i'm talking about LFS-2.4.4, LFS-3.0/CVS,
X402+libs, KDE2+libs, etc..got a hole bunch almost ready...

-