structure of ALFS

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Feb 9 04:20:23 PST 2001

Yo,

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 10:00:20PM +0100, Donnie Roos wrote:
> How are dependancies involved in this
> Will there be an XML-file for every package or will there just be
> one very big chap6

Right now it's mostly chapter by chapter, allthough it doesn't have to
be and dependencies haven't been talked much about (unless on IRC and i
problably missed it, been staying up all night/doing the grave yard
thing :)

Except for perhaps meta tags which bdumm mentioned before..

> XML does not seem that difficult but I have never used it so what
> do I know :)

It's not, if you can do HTML, you can do XML.

> How does the code below do anything related to 'postconfigure' ?

preconfigure, configure, prebuild, build, postbuild, preinstall,
install and postinstall are nothing more then place holders right now.

I'll leave the rest for Gerard and his oh so magic touch of making
thoughs become words =)

-