alfs 1.4 and perl 5.005_03

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Fri Feb 9 03:11:25 PST 2001

On Friday 09 February 2001 15:52, you wrote:
> Yo,
>
> On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 04:13:41PM +0100, Neven Has wrote:
> > There are a lot of "simple" and "not so simple" errors and typos which is
> > what bothers me -- it seems that it hasn't been tested _not once_. Also,
> > it looks like it hasn't been merged with _latest_ code that was in CVS
> > before ?
>
> I wasn't very impressed when i spend two days writting my own custom
> profiles using the "updated" syntax as a base then running it and
> finding out i wasted my time, and for the last two days i've been
> rewriting them, and i'm almost done.

Umm /me points to cvs having timedate stamps to check for development
changes that might be out of "synch" and suggests testing before doing
two days of work on anything :)

> I know David and Bryan are all hyped about the latest changes, but when
> the syntax doesn't match...i wasn't in a good mood to say the least,
> anyways i'm going to be on IRC talking to David and try and get some of
> the "quirks" worked out with him.

Well as I mentioned on IRC, David didn't change the handlers I do not believe.
I mean he might have changed some to make the new Autoloader stuff work,
but I don't remember him telling me or seeing functionality changes.

Maybe the syntax document is off?

Maybe you need to sleep more? :)

> PS, it does actually work, as long as you use _the exact_ same syntax
> style as in the profiles now in CVS.

chap4  1.1   2 weeks  neven
chap5  1.1   2 weeks  neven
chap6  1.1   2 weeks  neven

? This has nothing to do with ALFS.pm

> PPS, when i say 'my profiles' i'm talking about LFS-2.4.4, LFS-3.0/CVS,
> X402+libs, KDE2+libs, etc..got a hole bunch almost ready...

Do this one, Apache with dynamic modules and say openssl, modperl, modphp
and suexec ;)

Bryan