alfs 1.4 and perl 5.005_03

Nicholas Dille DarkYeti at gmx.net
Thu Feb 8 17:16:36 PST 2001

> > even a search in /usr/lib/perl5 for anything named "Carp" failed :-(
>
> I think you should have Carp.pm in your 5.00503/ directory.

well, of course, you're right. Carp.pm is right there in front of me. if i
had been thinking about my find command i would have seen it ;-)
still, i'm missing Carp/Heavy.pm

> Anyway, try removing "use Carp::Heavy;" from "ALFS.pm".

hm. now it complains about File/Spec/Functions.pm which i certainly do not
have. I found File/Spec/* but nothing like the above :-(

and after removing that i get another error. the following line is not
accepted by perl 5.005_03 "my $name=~ s/.*://;" in line 371
from my experience with perl it would have thought that it won't work but
perl 5.6.0 seems to be rather friendly ... don't know whether i like that

> I'm not sure why it's there.

hm. that's not too reassuring, is it? ;-)

regards
nic.