alfs 1.4 and perl 5.005_03

Nicholas Dille webmaster at rakshas.de
Thu Feb 8 12:09:01 PST 2001

hi there,

i was just playing around with the latest version of alfs (1.4) with current
handlers and all that stuff when i realized that i will not run on my suse 7
system (yeah i know ... should and eventually will be lfs *g*) because it
fails to find Carp/Heavy.pm
even a search in /usr/lib/perl5 for anything named "Carp" failed :-(

when i tested it on my lfs 2.4.4 system (surprisingly with perl 5.6.0) it
turned out that it seems to come with perl 5.6.0

was this tested with any perl version prior to 5.6.0 ?
if not it might be necessary to give a hint toward the requirements of alfs
1.4 (XML::Twig, XML::Parser, expat, Carp).

regards
nic.

ps: i will happily do any further testing/investigating with perl 5.005_03.

| Nicholas Dille                            ___   _                  |
| eMail: Rakshas at gmx.net                  /  /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  |
| PGP:   see keyserver                                               |
|          http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/                             |
| Home:  http://rakshas.de                                           |