ALFS.pm ideas

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sat Feb 3 05:08:09 PST 2001

Moving to alfs-backend ...

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 02:17:10AM +0000, Bryan Dumm wrote:
> Well it will be "full working", but the intention is to encourage
> people to not use the default and create their own alfs apps.
> That is why we are moving it into the module like that, so that
> people
>
> use ALFS;

Of course, but the end-user (majority in _A_LFS case) will still use
the "best backend/frontend/whatever available".
I agree though that we should allow them making their own stuff.
Hell, that was one of the reasons for splitting tag handlers into files,
for example. :)

> > Did somebody start changing/merging code ? Should we ?
> > Should we keep the current code as a "non-modulized backend" ?
> > Bah, only questions ...
>
> Yes david has, and he said he was done. He got a cvs account
> I believe, and ...... I dunno the rest. :)

Great. David? ( /me impatient as always :)

> Is there a reason to keep the current non-modulized backend?
> There is the attic in cvs, but is there a reason to keep the non
> modulized version???????

I don't know, just asking. I guess not.

Neven