creating an alfs app

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Fri Feb 2 18:22:20 PST 2001

On Friday 02 February 2001 18:34, you wrote:
>    So if I'm getting the concept right, basicly, what we have is a daemon
> like process running in the BG accepting the IPC from FE and BE and passing
> to the latter, using some sort of encrypted protocol like SSL or something.
> I think i'm close anyway...

Yea you are the right track for this example. The alfs app would pass info
back to the client also in the form of BE messages like <error> <input> or
whatever...

>    I can also envisage remote starting a box running SSH/Telnet or
> somthing.... not quite sure of the details of that.

Sure if you want to do it from the command line you could always
run alfs profile like before. Now your alfs app would have to have
that feature also, but thats it....

Bryan