perl status update

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Sun Dec 23 04:37:35 PST 2001

On 2001.12.21 00:05 Neven Has wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 11:25:41PM +0000, Mark Ellis wrote:
> > > I just tried parsing a profile with both parameter end external
> entities
> > > using an ancient Perl backend (since I don't know FE_BE well enough)
> and
> > > it worked nicely.
> > >
> > > XML::Twig is built on top of XML::Parser, so most of it's magic
> applies
> > > Twig too. ParseParamEnt option (from "perldoc XML::Parser") did the
> trick
> > > for parameter entities for example.
> > >
> > > Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know, I'm not sure
> what
> > > those
> > > errors are.
> > >

> > That's what i tried, but no dice, got stuff about PI not at the top of
> the
> > document and something else that i forget. Did you use the old stuff in
>
> > cvs or something different ?
>
> Older than that. :)
>
> But it works for oldPerl/OLD_backend/backend/ from CVS too, for example.
> Adding "ParseParamEnt => 1" in ALFS.pm:81 (when Twig is constructed)
> seems to parse split, old-syntax profiles.
>
> But it probably takes more tweaking for FE_BE.
>
> Can you post a patch (for alfs-0.0.9) of what you tried?

I can, but it almost doesn't warrant a patch and i'm lazy :) I just
created the twig with various combinations of :
  LoadDTD   => 1
  ParseParamEnt => 1
  NoLWP =>

just to try and cover every eventuality. The error that really flummoxed
me was the one about the processing instruction, my reaction was something
like "well its obviously found it, whats the problem" :)  I'm not going to
spend a great deal of time working this out, since everyone seems quite
keen to try another parser, but i would still be interested if you have
any ideas.

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org