perl status update

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Thu Dec 20 16:05:29 PST 2001

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 11:25:41PM +0000, Mark Ellis wrote:
> > I just tried parsing a profile with both parameter end external entities
> > using an ancient Perl backend (since I don't know FE_BE well enough) and
> > it worked nicely.
> >
> > XML::Twig is built on top of XML::Parser, so most of it's magic applies
> > Twig too. ParseParamEnt option (from "perldoc XML::Parser") did the trick
> > for parameter entities for example.
> >
> > Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know, I'm not sure what
> > those
> > errors are.
> >

> That's what i tried, but no dice, got stuff about PI not at the top of the
> document and something else that i forget. Did you use the old stuff in
> cvs or something different ?

Older than that. :)

But it works for oldPerl/OLD_backend/backend/ from CVS too, for example.
Adding "ParseParamEnt => 1" in ALFS.pm:81 (when Twig is constructed)
seems to parse split, old-syntax profiles.

But it probably takes more tweaking for FE_BE.

Can you post a patch (for alfs-0.0.9) of what you tried?

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org