perl status update

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Thu Dec 20 09:20:08 PST 2001

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 07:43:41PM +0000, Mark Ellis wrote:
> Not really an update, more of an info newsflash :) When i posted about the
> last release, i said i wasn't sure whether external entities would work,
> well they dont :(
>
> I get strange errors about various things, and i'm buggered if i know what
> it's doing.

I just tried parsing a profile with both parameter end external entities
using an ancient Perl backend (since I don't know FE_BE well enough) and
it worked nicely.

XML::Twig is built on top of XML::Parser, so most of it's magic applies to
Twig too. ParseParamEnt option (from "perldoc XML::Parser") did the trick
for parameter entities for example.

Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know, I'm not sure what those
errors are.

> Therefore i'm giving _very_ serious thought about switching
> from XML::Twig to LibXML. It has loads of features, seems to be regularly
> updated and is just plain cool, as long as it works of course :) If anyone
> has a good reason why not to do this, then please say so, I may give it a
> go after crimble.

It's definitely worth trying, why not. Who knows, we might even get rid of
the " problem too. :)

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org