Objprelink (was Re: After LFS)

Arthur H. Johnson II arthur at linuxbox.nu
Mon Dec 10 11:12:09 PST 2001

Look at the KDE hint (http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/kde.txt).
It explains the process perfectly.  Its like a series of patches which
allow KDE to run ALOT faster.  For instance, on an 800 Mhz Duron with 1/4
gig of ram KDE starts in 3 to 5 seconds from the time I hit startx to the
time its at a useable state.  It also takes less than 2 seconds for
konsole to start.

Arthur H. Johnson II
arthur at linuxbox.nu
The Linux Box