After LFS

Arthur H. Johnson II arthur at linuxbox.nu
Mon Dec 10 08:20:48 PST 2001

Arthur H. Johnson II
arthur at linuxbox.nu
The Linux Box
http://www.linuxbox.nu

On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, Naitik Shah wrote:

> A few questions,
>
> 1. How do I get KDE to recognise my Windows Key, and get the popup menu to
> popup with the right click key.

I am not sure.  I know there is numerous ways to do it.  You could use
xkeycaps, which is a frontend to xmodmap.

> 2. Any options to improve X's performance after compiling. Like options in
> the XF86Config, or something similar.

I don't believe there is much you can do to improve X's preformance.  If
you use KDE you can do objprelink, which speeds KDE up to 50% faster or
better in some cases.

> 3. Anyone know if its possible to create scripts that run when I shut the lid
> of my laptop, press the power button, press the suspend button etc.

Depends on your laptop

> 4. Is it possible to get kde to work with ACPI, cause unless I have APM
> compiled in, the battery monitor wont work, and I cant suspend my computer.

I believe you need APM to control the power management.  I don't know
anything about ACPI, but my Laptop is very old.

> 5. Is there a tool that will let me put my laptop to zero power usage,
> something like hibernate in windows.

Ive never heard of such a beast.