newish perl FE_BE

David Siegel david at artcom.de
Mon Dec 10 02:45:20 PST 2001

Hi there,

Mark Ellis wrote:

> On 2001.11.17 12:37 Neven Has wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 07:47:11PM +0000, Mark Ellis wrote:
>> > Hi guys, finally got around to doing something with the perl version.
>> Most
>> > importantly, it now deals with the new syntax, and hopefully will
>> still
>> > handle the old style okay.
>>
>> Woohoo, great. :)
>>
>> I think we can slowly start dumping the old syntax. There are only a few
>> things left to do with the new one, and then the other additions will
>> only be
>> "on top" of it.
>>
>> > One other thing that caught my eye, there's nothing in the license.
>> I'm
>> not
>> > really big on these things, but I thought something should be in
>> there.
>> Are
>> > all the original authors around ? Shall I just whack the GPL in
>> there ?
>>
>> I remember that we (long time ago) agreed to use BSD. I'm not very
>> big on
>> these things neither (hence GPL in nALFS :), so I don't actually
>> remember
>> the reasons for that.
>>

> Fair enough, so should I just put the BSD license i there ? I'm only
> asking 'cos, at least at the moment, the vast majority of the code in
> there isn't mine, and it seems like a good idea to put _something_ in
> there. Gerard, are you listening in ? I presume Jesse is still out of
> touch, anyone else still lurking about ?
>
>> > Anyway, enjoy. Now on to the next part, hmm, <options> for copy
>> etc. or
>> an
>> > install log, decisions decisions :)
>>
>> :) You should probably go with <options>, since it will become part of
>> the syntax, as we agreed.
>>

>> Neven
>>

> Think you're right, i'm just dying to get a simple file tracking
> package manager in there so i can let alfs do everything rather than
> commenting out install commands so i can track everyrhing manually.
> I'm trying to convert Ingo Brueckl's Guarded Installation Tool to
> perl, it's a deceptively complicated bit of shell scripting, very slick.
>
> Mark

Great that finaly someone reviewed my code :). Ok,Ok it's a little bit
obfuscated but it works ;)
I'll try to do the same for you, Mark.
Sorry for not maintaining the perl be/fe code anymore, but I don't have
the time for it atm.
I don't want to join a discussion on license details but I agree that we
should have one. I don't
care if it's GPL or BSD.

    David

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org