nALFS 3.1 profile misses HOSTNAME

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sat Dec 1 09:07:49 PST 2001

On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 07:32:25PM +0000, Joao Pedro Clemente wrote:
> I've downloaded the 3.1 profile a couple of days ago and I found out  it
> was missing the
> HOSTNAME=<hostname>
> in
> /etc/sysconfig/network

Yes, I forgot to add mode="append" in the second <textdump>.
It's fixed now, thanks.

> BTW, could it be added the "BOOT" option to eth0?
> I mean, I lost some 10 minutes trying to figure out why the network card
> script gave an error... Btw, It shouldn't give an error just by being set
> to BOOT = no... hmmmm

In ethnet script, route is added even if "ifconfig" hasn't been run (when
ONBOOT is not set to "yes").

Maybe a simple:

    if [ "$ONBOOT" != yes ]
    then
        # A bit echoing here?
        exit
    done

would be better? A bit off-topic here (and perhaps even already considered
for scripts rewriting), but anyway...

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org