LFS-3.0-RC1 Profiles (2)

Ian Chilton ian at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 30 09:32:07 PDT 2001

Hello,

OK, so I used an out of date post  :)

3.0-rc1 will be out tomorrow, so apart from any minor typo's, what's in
cvs should be 3.0-rc1. Anyone up for profile hacking?

Thanks

Ian

----- Forwarded message from Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> -----

Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:55:36 -0400
From: Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org>
To: LFS Discuss <lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org>
Subject: Re: LFS-3.0-RC1 release schedule

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 10:07:06AM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> When these two are dealt with, rc1 is ready for release. It could be
> released today if we wanted to, but I'm going to wait a day or two or
> three so we can hunt for some grammatical stuff and deal with it too.

All that's pretty much finished. I may go over the book one more time
to find the typo's and such that I missed today, but I may just leave
that for somebody else to pick up. I got most of the bad ones already.

RC1 will be released this coming Friday. How long after LFS-3.0 will be
released depends on how many people can help out testing this RC1
release on as many distributions/LFS systems as possible, but I'm still
thinking about about 2 to 3 weeks after RC1. 3 weeks should be more than
enough time to test it. It's been tested a lot in CVS the last weeks and
not a whole lot has changed since then (practically nothing regarding
the installation commands), so I'm not anticipating any major problems.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org