Problem with nALFS profile

cbrands cbrands at vt.edu
Sat Aug 11 22:40:03 PDT 2001

Hi

When I tried to use nALFS the compilation stopped at the static building of
bzip2. I think the problem is with the profile and not with nALFS. When I look
at the profile I see the following line.
<build>
    <make dir="&LFS;&buildDir;/&bzip2-dir;"
          param1="LDFLAGS=-static" />
</build>

With my very limited knowledge of xml I would interpret this as
make LDFLAGS=-static

However the book says
make -f - LDFLAGS=-static

So I tried
<build>
    <make dir="&LFS;&buildDir;/&bzip2-dir;"
          param1="-f - LDFLAGS=-static" />
</build>

As well as
<build>
    <make dir="&LFS;&buildDir;/&bzip2-dir;"
          param1="-f" param2="-" param3="LDFLAGS=-static" />
</build>

But neiter case worked. In both cases nALFS did not give a compilation error
but just froze.
Any idea what I can try next?
Thanks

Charles Brands