nALFS: New ALFS backend/frontend, all in one

atark at thepipeline.net atark at thepipeline.net
Fri Aug 10 18:34:18 PDT 2001

On Thursday 09 August 2001 09:59 am, you wrote:

> The problem is that there is no easy way to do it - a simple find(1)-like
> search before and after each <package> (or just one, inspecting time
> stamps) would always do the trick. But that won't be very fast and, as you
> probably already know by reading various mailing lists and "package
> management" endless discussions, there aren't a lot of good options.

Use strace, In about a hour I came up with a script to use as a drop in
replacement for the installwatch library in the checkinstall scripts.  It's
fast and works well, it does not have the problems that installwatch does.

My original script is here:

http://www.thepipeline.net/~atark/lfsinstall

Ex. lfsinstall make ed

I have an updated version I'll post when I find it.

--Andy
Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org