more profiles

RoryO roryo at roryo.dynup.net
Thu Aug 9 21:19:41 PDT 2001

Hiya

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001 20:54, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know that the profile-syntax is still in development but after I builded
> a lfs with "nALFS" which worked very good I wanted to do more with it.
>
> So, should/could we start to make more profiles ?
> Did anyone begin to make a X11/KDE/GNOME profile ?

The X is actually a very easy profile... As for gnome, I currently have a
basic one, that i am not happy with ;) - but it works...  J Jones and I just
released a new Gnome hint that covers everything from just finished LFS and
got X installed all the way up to GnuCash (the largest gnome app currently
available 59 linked libs)... Now the alfs-profiles for most of these packages
are just about finished, i'll polish them up this weekend, and they can be
checked out from my anon cvs, i'll post all that later this weekend...

> I would like to start with the X11 profile, if noone else would like to.
> (but before this I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks :/ )

Just a quick note on building X... Some of us on #LFS have been hacking up a
host.def that will do all the things that the current X hint does, along with
a few groovey new features that we found while digging in all the .cf's of
the X src tree...  so the whole process is just - untar the packages, copy
the host.def, make World and go to dinner...  It's available from the
following...

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at roryo.dynup.net:/home/cvsroot login

<return> for passwd

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at roryo.dynup.net:/home/cvsroot co stuff/host.def

It's still quite a dynamic piece of work, so if you use it please let us know
how it went, or any features that you think would be nice...

> What do you think about it ?
>
> Nicolas Nieswandt

Chris
Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org