nALFS: New ALFS backend/frontend, all in one

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Wed Aug 8 20:37:19 PDT 2001

> Well, let's wait for him to return first (same for a
> suggestion below).

Yea, we'll just wait...hurry up Jesse!

> I do intend to follow all the changes (syntax or whatever)
> and eventually
> split the program to the backend/frontend network thing (not
> very soon though).
> So it will be ALFS one way or another. ;)

Coolness  :)

> When I decided to write a new code, there were no new syntax
> ideas, so I
> just followed a Perl backend I was using at the time, [...]

understood

> Of course, like I said, I do intend to change the program to
> use the new
> syntax, but only when it becomes "completely official" and widely used
> (profile-wise). The syntax file in CVS, if we are looking at
> the same think
> (docs/syntax/syntax.txt), really needs more "alfs-discussion".
> I don't remember there were much?

There was a bit, but not too much.  One major area not decided yet is
the textdump and search and replace functions....but yea best to wait

> So if I may suggest that you copy&paste that file in a
> message to this list
> and _scream_ for comments. After a few days, make the
> proposed (and accepted)
> changes and post it again. After a week or two, make it official.

Sounds good; everyone look for it in about a week or so now.

~Jason

--
| jason(at)tommyk(dot)com |

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org