hey check out my crappy iso :)

Thomas Krennwallner technik at e-moritz.at
Fri Apr 27 02:18:48 PDT 2001

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 03:42:18AM +0000, the boisterous Bryan Dumm <bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Thanks for all the info. Will try it out tomorrow...
> /me need sleep.

I think we're in different time zones ;-)

> Sure it can be tons better, but it works for what
> I wanted atm. :) ramfs and devfs seem to work
> nicely.

My bootcd doesn't have all those tgz. I simply create a new ramdisk (as in
2.2, should be ramfs in 2.4), temporary mount it somewhere, cp the whole
directory I want ramdisked into the temporary mount point, umount it, overmount
the directory I want writable with the ramdisk -> thats it. I don't have to
mess with tgz. Should be easier. And of course, there should be devfsd in an
2.4 environment ;-). So only /tmp and /var (and a fixed /etc) has to be
writable thru ramdisks.

so long
Thomas

--
  ___
_/___\    Thomas Krennwallner <technik at e-moritz dot at>

E. Moritz GmbH
office at e-moritz.at
http://www.e-moritz.at/

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org