stop sending me e-mails

Miss JohnsonWhanau at xtra.co.nz
Mon Apr 23 15:42:02 PDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: alfs-discuss-owner at linuxfromscratch.org
[mailto:alfs-discuss-owner at linuxfromscratch.org]On Behalf Of Lynton
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2001 02:07
To: alfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: Transferring LFS from /dev/hda3 -> /dev/hda1 ?

Hi Pozsar,
                Thanks for that - I bet you've hit the nail on the head.
The original system had a 'Celeron' processor and the destination system has
an AMD-K62-500 so yes they are quite different CPU's.
So if I want to make a LFS CD with which to install in the future are we
saying I'd be best to compile everything as though is was for a 386, then
that way it'll work on any processor though not fully optimized ?

Thanks for your response

Lynton

England UK