Transferring LFS from /dev/hda3 -> /dev/hda1 ?

Pozsar Balazs pozsy at sch.bme.hu
Sat Apr 21 06:42:17 PDT 2001

How do the processors compare on the systems? I suspect you wanted to copy
your binaries to an older processor, that's why it is saying 'illegal
instruction'. A binary which was compiled for eg. 686, doesn't run on 586
or older 99% of the cases.

And btw, i dont see why did you have to make seperate tar files.
If you mount the other hd into for eg. /mnt/hdb1 you can just issue 'cp
-ax / /mnt/hdb1', and have everything happily copied onto the other dest.

have a nice day,
Balazs Pozsar (from Hungary).

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org