alfs without pre-chroot?

Thomas 'Balu' Walter tw at itreff.de
Mon Oct 9 00:03:25 PDT 2000

I just thought our ALFS-approach over again...

What if we leave out the pre-chroot part (compile-part, not set-up hdds
and such ;) but provide a .tar.gz-file with a i386 static system and
start with that...

That would save a lot of time and make it possible to install without
the need of having a distribution ready...

I know - I can do my style of profile, Gerard :)

     Balu
PS: We can still do the pre-chroot-part later =)

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org