Chapter4 profile

Simon Perreault nomis80 at hotpop.com
Fri Oct 6 20:45:32 PDT 2000

Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:

> Huh?!? Elaborate...

I have these files:

I want to untar all of them one by one, until I come across one that
matches the pattern *c*. Then, I want to stop untarring them. (stupid
scenario, but if you should be able to do this sort of thing in a profile)

> (note: pulling tags out of my ass)

Exactly. I was not suggesting tags, only showing concepts. I would advise
against using these tags.

> <untar type="gz" location="/mnt/blah" pattern="*qer.tar.gz" />

You will see that this doesn't correspond to the situation. The situation
described really needs a loop.

> Maybe, i'm reading what you have wrong there (allthough if am, then
> there's no way in hell we should use it, remenber you want to be able to
> _read_ a profile, not be a rocket scientist)

It will be readable, trust me. It won't look like I wrote earlier, I was
pulling tags out of my ass (ouch!).

> PS. and yes, the syntax sucks, and there's an even better way..but just
> howing....

Anyway, we're just discussing the conceptual use of loops in an LFS
profile, not proposing tags to do the job. This will/will not come later.

-- Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse --
classfield  top-secret government  restricted data information project CIA
KGB GRU DISA  DoD  defense  systems  military  systems spy steal terrorist
Allah Natasha  Gregori destroy destruct attack  democracy will send Russia
bank system compromise international  own  rule the world ATSC RTEM warmod
ATMD force power enforce  sensitive  directorate  TSP NSTD ORD DD2-N AMTAS
STRAP warrior-T presidental  elections  policital foreign embassy takeover

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-profile-request at linuxfromscratch.org