Chapter4 profile

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Oct 6 20:23:00 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 11:45:32PM -0400, Simon Perreault wrote:
> I want to untar all of them one by one, until I come across one that
> matches the pattern *c*. Then, I want to stop untarring them. (stupid
> scenario, but if you should be able to do this sort of thing in a profile)

Hrm, interesting scenario, i just don't see the profile as a scripting
language (which is one way someone could look at it, which is wrong,
imho)

Can you give me a package/real-world situation where we would need this?

> Anyway, we're just discussing the conceptual use of loops in an LFS
> profile, not proposing tags to do the job. This will/will not come later.

I would like to ditch the hole loop idea for now, as the first profile
will be LFS and it doesn't need it (first time around it's only proof of
concept anyways, lots of things to work out), allthough keep it on the
TODO for further discussion and looking into.

Dunno...

-

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-profile-request at linuxfromscratch.org