Chapter4 profile

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Oct 6 20:02:09 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 11:30:39PM -0400, Simon Perreault wrote:
> Let's say I want to do something to a bunch of files, but I only want to
> do the action until the file that matches a certain pattern.

Huh?!? Elaborate...

> <loop type="files" dir="[directory]" name="file">
> 	<check type="pattern" pattern="*qer.tar.gz">
> 		<untargz>&file;</untargz>
> 		<restartloop>
> 	</check>
> 	<exitloop>
> </loop>

(note: pulling tags out of my ass)

<untar type="gz" location="/mnt/blah" pattern="*qer.tar.gz" />

Maybe, i'm reading what you have wrong there (allthough if am, then
there's no way in hell we should use it, remenber you want to be able to
_read_ a profile, not be a rocket scientist)

PS. and yes, the syntax sucks, and there's an even better way..but just
howing....

-

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-profile-request at linuxfromscratch.org